Friday, September 6, 2013

Who do I think I am?



created using www.wordle.net
Hello there. My name is Darya (or Dasha) and I graduate in less than 5 months, which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time but is going to be great! (right?)

I took the summer off and am now transitioning into an active job search, which, I must say, has gotten much better after the Labor day (for those of you currently looking and being frustrated by the lack of response earlier in August, the vacations’ month). I am interested in digital media, marketing, and advertising.

Besides work and school, there are, of course, love and play :) I am happily married and enjoy my free time with the hubby. Running, biking, hiking, traveling, and snowboarding are some of my favorite activities. I also enjoy reading, watching (good!) movies, cooking (and eating!), and wine… Visual examples of all of the above can be seen on my instagram account @daskin_ig.

My relationship with media is a love-hate kind of thing. I love consuming it but at the same time I hate when it turns me into a procrastinator. I love making it, although I often criticize the results.  Nevertheless, it is a big part of my life and that of many-many others. Our world is bursting at the seams with media content that is created for us and by us. Sifting and navigating through it is a skill to be learned. Have you ever googled your own name? Try it, if you haven’t yet. It is fascinating how much can be learned about anybody once you know his or her name. For example, you can find this short film from 3 years ago:


That being said, I think this pretty much sums up the attributes that make me who I think I am and shape my life and character on a daily basis. The question of who I really am remains yet to be answered and I doubt that it can or should be. Isn’t that what makes life interesting – learning new things about yourself and the world around you? I guess I am a learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment