Friday, September 6, 2013

I Am a Door..........A Song............A Light..........I Am.


                  Evelyn Almonte



I believe every human being is born with an inherent need to discover his or her mission, in life.  The mission needs a solid voice able to transcend space and time; then it will be able to impact an infinite number of generations.  Whether the message is positive or negative it will always depend upon the one exposed to the message to profit from it.  Drawing from experience I can attest to the fact that we can always learn from both spectrums. 

There was a time when I didn’t have my own voice; and the one I had could not be understood by the people in my new home, New York City.   I came to the United States at a very young age and could only communicate in Spanish.  School was a tedious and dangerous place for me.  I was constantly bullied because I didn’t speak or understand English.  Today I can proudly say that I owe the ability to comprehend, write and speak English to those that put me between a rock and a hard place.  I must also pay homage to my inseparable Spanish/English dictionary who became the closest friend I ever had.   That negative message gave me the courage to learn, conquer and succeed.   It is this voice that can now point the way for those passing through the same storm.
Endowed with the splendid power of words and enhanced by audio visual technology, Media is the most ingenious tool we can use to empower others.  I chose to major in Media Studies with a concentration in Documentaries to unleash my message to those ready, willing and able to hear it.
 


http://www.spanishdict.com/

www.wordreference.com

No comments:

Post a Comment