Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fruity Pebbles


Who am I is probably one of the questions I ask my self constantly . My theater professor asked the class last week if we believe that we know who we are? She asked if we believe that our personalities are consistent. Truthfully, I am still trying to figure out who I am. Very often I am led by the media but sometimes it's too obvious to ignore the media's truth intentions. I am 22 years old with not much of experience but I do like to look good. I believe that many people such as my self want to be liked by others.

That is where media comes it. Media has some how become our guide to fit in. I myself can sometimes identify myself as a media “slave”. I serve the latest advertisements that involve fashion. Back in middle school, It was hard for me to fit in because of the way I dressed. My mom never bought me the best updated clothes. I remember when I was called “ fruity pebbles” just because there came the trend of matching up colors when dressed and I never matched.Popular girls would have a pink shirt with matching pink shoes. I, on the other and would have a purple shirt with maybe yellow shoes. At that point it really bothers me being different in that sense. But now that I am older I have gathered that it doesn't matter. I like being myself. As long as I stay true to my self that is all that matters. Showing kindness is more important to me than the way I dress.





No comments:

Post a Comment